-You are no better than who you lay with
-Pity most do not seem to understand this
-Ultimately, it becomes just another disappointment
-For which there is no ointment or cure
-Save for a heart or mind willing to work with, not fight against, the lure
-You catch, put it back, catch, put it back
-Close inspections, key decisions, all to brief
-Time helps decide which is or was worth the keep
-How long can we endure the ones that break, faint, swim away?
-We try a new cast, a new location
-We change pieces of bait, change parts of ourselves
-Is it luck?
-Why do we even give a fuck?
-So much doubt, so many routes
-We fish because we desire sustenance
-Fuel our soul, spiritually grow
-Let go, release, breathe
-It’s out of our hands if and when we receive
-A blessing? A lesson?
-How long do we maintain a levy with flood waters ever so heavy?
-Fear of failing, buckling
-Fear of washing away, crumbling
-Losing the components that build the foundation, once a proud formation
-Forcing everything on a course we know not what destination, raging current, no direction
-Floating away as debris, a life without density
-No tangible meaning, barely reason to continue struggling
-Reflecting on what we possess and what is absent
-Thinking we know but we don’t
-Believing we will but we won’t
- I want to…
- Hold you, touch you, love you
- Lay beside to you, feel your warmth
- Fall asleep to the sound of your heart beating
- I never say it, but in you I see potential, deeper meaning
- A different perspective, changing me, breathing new life in me
- But I’m sacared…
- To surrender all that is left of me
- To entrust my soul into someone new
- Some relationships you can’t simply undo
- Some bonds seem innocent but underneath are fake
- With high stakes there’s benefit, but there's also profound sadness
- Discovery of something very tragic
- Falling in love is like giving into madness
- Running in a circle, losing traction
- The opposite of playing safe and thinking clear
- Words fall from ears, and emotions overwhelm from the outside-in
- Replaying moments, forming memories
- What we wouldn’t give to live a story with a happy ending
- So much risk in a true kiss but to not partake would be undoubtedly remiss
- The same intensity I feel to take you in my arms is the same intensity keeping me from closing the distance
- You're reaching, I see it
- Don’t know if I should grasp it
- Once I take hold, it’s all or none
- I have no in-between, only me, that’s all I know how to be
- Sprung, so right but so wrong
- How do we know where we belong?
- Such a gamble becoming unraveled
- Fighting, and I can hardly stand it
- Evading, and I don’t even like it
- Running, and I have no asthmuth
Seek strength and beauty in everything and the everyday. Live life as you are moving towards something greater. True growth is part of the human experience.
"In The Moment"
"Love Yourself First"
"Timing Is Everything"
"The Moon & The Tide"
"The Sun & The Wind"
"Fight & Pray"
"1 Night, 1 Stand"
"Pastor Of Peace"
"Kiss To Last"
"I Don't Always"
**Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Previous" to see other poems!!**